What is the decision behind starting [email protected], given that there are many sophisticated and advanced third-party tools available for multinationals?
We wanted to create a completely integrated social solution for our clients with the most sophisticated tools we have. [email protected] takes feeds from the best-in-class third party and proprietary data analytics tools. We then integrate them across a set of dashboards, in order to fuel real time content development and biddable media activation, in addition to historical, real time and predictive analysis.
Was [email protected] tailored for the MENA region’s particularities in any way? If so, how?
Although a global solution, we wanted to ensure that [email protected] was tailored to our region. Here, we wanted [email protected] to be an integrated social solution with the newsroom at its center. Also, when it comes to technology solutions that power content and analytics, a robust Arabic solution is essential. Having Arabic capabilities is therefore a key component of our tools auditing process.
Could you elaborate on the proprietary and non-proprietary technology behind [email protected]?
– Unique data, social performance reporting and analytics provided by Annalect (Omnicom’s marketing technology division). This involves physical social command centers across the globe, supporting real time insights and team collaboration
– Social listening tools and content trackers
– Social advertising and automation through Social.com, the social advertising application within the Salesforce ExactTarget Marketing Cloud
– Rapid response content creation supported by creative and specialty agencies across the Omnicom Group network, allowing enterprise brands to turn real world events into rapid-response marketing opportunities and business results
– Amplification supported by core integration of real time social media planning and buying services, including TV sync and scale, and wider planning and buying of media through Omnicom Media Group’s OMD and PHD networks
How does [email protected] mine consolidated live insights from paid, owned and earned (POE) sources?
As with most technology solutions, it’s only as good as the people behind it. It is both man and machine. Fortunately, we have a team of highly trained analysts from our content marketing and social media teams, as well as analysts from Annalect and Integral (Omnicom’s research consultancy). We have spent the past few years working with each technology component, developing actionable insights. Mining consolidated insights means possessing a high level of analytical fluency, yet also really agile working processes to effectively define, interpret and action this data – and that’s the secret.