Step Conference is back this year and will be celebrating the digital world with cutting-edge technologies in partnership with Dubai Internet City (DIC).
As we watch the world evolve and ponder our place in a new digital landscape, Step Conference will bring top experts to Dubai to explore and discuss a future with cutting-edge technologies, revolutionary artificial intelligence, and Web3.
Here are the five things to look forward to at the conference this year:
1. This year marks Step’s 10th anniversary, and it will be celebrating the community of startups, investors, accelerators, corporates, and the government. A handful of billion-dollar startups, such as Careem, Souq, and Kitopi are in the limelight this year. Unprecedented interest in entrepreneurship has been recorded among the younger generation.
2. Web3 has also been a hot topic during the second half of 2021 and is debated to soon replace the internet. At this year’s Step Conference in Dubai’s Internet City, the transformative world of the Internet will be the focus - the Metaverse and our new digital world. Discussions on Web3 and Blockchain have been scheduled. Blockchain significantly affects how ownership and value is stored and transferred—everything from currencies and contracts to ownership of physical or digital items. The event will cover how blockchain is affecting the digital transformation with internationally renowned speakers.
3. NFTs (non-fungible tokens), is another topic that has been taking Twitter and Clubhouse by storm, but a lot of us do not understand how we can benefit and where to start. In brief, they are unique tokens linked to digital or physical benefits that provide proof of ownership and the conference will be discussing everything about the ownership feature of NFTs in detail.
4. As the Metaverse continues to make headlines, Step will be exploring the core idea of AI. The event will look into how AI can be integrated across sectors from daily corporate operations all the way to autonomous vehicles. The role of AI in setting stable grounds for any startup is important, and what's more important is knowing where to implement AI in a business and how to make the best use of the data generated. Discussing AI strategies to boost growth, scalability, and success for startups will be another highlight of the conference.
5. Finally, here's a quick line-up of some of the most anticipated speakers at the event: