Anti-corruption Lebanese NGO Sakker El Dekkene wins the first Wajih Ajouz Award (WAA) on October 17, during the ceremony at the French Institute in Beirut.
Launched by the Samir Kassir Eyes (SKeyes) foundation, the award focuses on promoting human rights, freedom of expression and civic participation by honoring the best online activism campaigns.
Sakker El Dekkene was ranked first by the public and jury based on concept, execution and efficiency. The final decision was built on 40 percent of Internet-using public voting and the jury’s score accounted for the remaining 60 percent.
Following the award distribution ceremony, a discussion panel comprised of several social media experts from different Arab countries discussed the role of social networks and online media in the Arab world. Afterwards, Sakker El Dekkene participated in a workshop entitled Can Online Media Help Civil Society’s Advocacy Role?, in which aspects of successful online advocacy campaigns were examined.
App analytics and market data company, App Annie, have released a new report that sheds light on Gen Z’s mobile behavior, in order to help marketers develop effective strategies to reach them. 98% of Gen Z report owning a smartphone, on average receiving their first at the age of 10. They are also part of […]
Experticity, the world’s largest community of influential category experts have released a new study that sheds new light on the importance of micro-influencers on the average consumer. The study was conducted with online interviews of more than 6,000 individuals from the United States drawn from Experticity’s micro-influencer network and the general population. In addition, more […]
Market research companies eMarketer and Global Web Index have collaborated together to release the 10th edition of the global media intelligence report. The report is a detailed compilation of data and insights about internet users’ traditional and digital media usage in 42 key markets worldwide. Communicate will be highlighting the key trends that are shaping the […]
Social Bakers, a global AI-powered social media marketing company has released the Q3 edition of their social media trends report. The report reveals where the industry is currently standing with regard to spending and engagement globally. Here are the key findings – ADVERTISING Worldwide ad spend increased by 56.4% in Q3 compared to where it […]